People suffering from morbid obesity who find it difficult to exercise to lose weight, no longer have to worry about their obesity. They can today find help in the form of bariatric surgery, that helps induce extreme weight loss and in the process, helps anyone find the real you.
Laparoscopic bariatric surgery generally entails the stapling of the stomach, so that the stomach size is reduced. A reduced stomach that is thumb sized, leads to a restriction on the food consumed. Patients consequently feel full after only a few bites of food. Within a few months of reduced food consumption, the patient experiences extreme weight loss.
Along with extreme weight loss, there is usually lots of excess and loose skin in the body. No exercise, diet or liposuction is helpful in removing this excess skin that hides the exact figure of a person. The remedy to this problem is a body lift and in some cases, body contouring through cosmetic surgery specific to the parts of the body that undergo extreme weight loss.
Procedures to undergo to find the real you
- Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty helps tighten abdominal muscles and create a slender waistline and flatter stomach.
- An arm lift creates a tighter and firmer arm by removing excess skin found in the arm through an incision made on the underside of the upper arm.
- Thigh lifts work similar to the arm lift to create beautiful legs, and is an integral part of body contouring after bariatric surgery.
- Butt surgery is usually used to lift and reshape a buttock after extreme weight loss to create smoother and tighter contours.
- Breast reduction or breast augmentation helps restore the normal volume in breasts and help lift the bust line after extreme weight loss during bariatric surgery.
All this helps find the real you that was hidden under all this excess weight and fat all these years. In fact, the extreme loss of weight helps improve one‚ self confidence wherein they start participating in activities with friends and families and not shy away from them as before.
Moreover, a new body after bariatric surgery and a total body lift lets patients wear clothes they had always wanted to wear, and not have to wear. They also start pursuing hobbies they thought they could never partake in while the loss of weight make them feel much lighter in their feet.