Many women turn to breast augmentation for breast enhancement and modifications after an accident, breast irregularities and mastectomy. It is a fact that women who undergo breast augmentation today recover much faster than their older counterparts. However women still looks for mean for a speedy recovery after breast augmentation, which is possible with the help of these tips.
Before you look for means to speedup your recovery, you should be aware of what to expect during and after a Houston breast augmentation procedure. First and foremost, you have to be ready for bruised and swollen breasts which will reduce in a fortnight or two.
Swelling After Breast Augmentation
Sometimes, the extent of swelling may be different in both breasts, which is nothing to worry about as it is perfectly normal. It’s also normal for one breast to settle before the other. However if the difference is too extreme, it’s better to consult your breast augmentation doctor immediately.
5 Tips to Speedup Recovery After Breast Implants or Augmentation
Now that you know what to expect after breast augmentation, you can speed up your recovery process using these few tips.
- It is possible to reduce swelling on your breasts by keeping ice packs on them after the surgery.
- Avoiding strenuous activities and actions, bending and stretching for at least a week after the breast augmentation will help give a speedy recovery.
- To promote speedy recovery after breast surgery, you have to sleep in an upright position and not on your stomach for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- If silicon implants were used in your breast augmentation, you can keep them soft, in place and avoid capsular contractures if you massage them everyday, starting 24 hours after the surgery. However if your breasts have textured implants, don’t massage them as it will only slow down the recovery process.
- As you should avoid strenuous activities for a few days after your breast augmentation surgery, if you have a strenuous job, it’s better to plan two to three weeks’ off after the operation. It’s also better to avoid driving for at least a week after the surgery.
If you love exercising, you shouldn’t go to the gym for at least a month. If you do need to exercise, you may start less strenuous exercises like walking a few days after the procedure, with your doctor’s permission.