From breast lifts to tummy tucks, plastic surgery can truly connect you to the Fountain of Youth. In fact, it can also boost confidence levels in any social situation. Whether you’re looking to increase bust size or secure a shapely behind, plastic surgeons can turn your dreams into realities. With so many procedures available, however, how does one know if he or she is a right candidate?
Like all surgical procedures, plastic surgery also has certain criteria that must be met across the board. This includes age, along with existing health and medical conditions. Plastic surgeons also look for any underlying issues that may prevent you from having these procedures done. While they certainly want to achieve your desired results, surgeons will determine overall candidacy for all patients. Here are some more vital tips on a range of plastic surgery procedures for the breasts and body:
Breast augmentation is designed to secure proper symmetry between the breasts. It also helps shape uneven breasts, along with ensuring the right size and balance between them. This is a deeply personal procedure – and it’s important that women do it for themselves and not for others. Patient satisfaction with this procedure seems to be pretty high. Candidates for breast augmentation are usually:
- Physically healthy and are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have realistic expectations about the surgical procedure.
- Have breasts that are fully developed.
- Are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too small or look uneven.
- Are dissatisfied with the breasts’ shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss or aging.
- Have breasts that are asymmetrical, abnormal or one longer than the other.
Breast lifts are designed to raise saggy or droopy breasts. They also help tighten breasts to secure a more contoured and aesthetically pleasing appearance. As women age, their breasts begin to sag and get wrinkled and crinkled. Breasts lifts help counter this by raising the breasts and removing excess skin. This is known as a Mastopexy, which tightens the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new contoured breasts. Candidates for breast lifts are usually:
- Physically healthy and maintain stable weights.
- Do not smoke or indulge in alcohol excessively.
- Are bothered by their sagging and drooping breasts that have lost shape and overall volume.
- Have one breast that is longer or shorter than the other one.
- Nipples that point downward – below the breast crease.
- Stretch marks, wrinkles, crinkles and other undesirable breast issues.
A body lift – also known as Belt Lipectomy – is a plastic surgical procedure that targets the mid and lower body. This popular procedure removes excess skin and fat from the buttocks, thighs, hips and abdomen. This helps secure a tighter and younger appearance, while truly rejuvenating the body, mind and spirit. Candidates for this procedure are usually:
- Men or women that are tired of dealing with excessive flab and weight loss issues.
- Individuals with excess fat on the thighs, buttocks and legs that makes them self-conscious and devoid of confidence.
- Are in generally good health but cannot find a solution to the flab in their mid and lower parts of the body.
- Have exhausted all diet and exercise programs to lose these stubborn areas.
- Have problems fitting into clothes due to the excess fat around their stomach, legs, hips and thighs.
- Want plastic surgery but are willing to maintain themselves after the procedures. This includes proper diet and exercise.
Finding a Plastic Surgeon
Finding a plastic surgeon does not have to be hard. In fact, you can easily check the Web for industry ratings and reviews on all practicing and licensed plastic surgeons. Another option is to speak to friends and loved ones that have undergone plastic surgery procedures in the past.